KNOW YOUR VISA TYPE
In order to apply for a Schengen visa at the Royal Norwegian Embassy/Royal Norwegian Consulate General your main destination (the longest part of your stay) must be Norway. If you plan to visit several Schengen countries and the main destination cannot be determined, you must apply for the visa at the Embassy/Consulate of the Member State that is your first entry to the Schengen area.
Applicants in Guangzhou can also have Sweden as their main destination.
The Royal Norwegian Embassy /Royal Norwegian Consulate General in China primarily handle applications for:
- Chinese Citizens
- Legal residents of China who are not Chinese citizens, but have had a residence permit in China for the last 6 month
- Mongolian Citizens
Dear Mongolian applicants, before applying for a visa to Norway please read this important information. Click here.
Хүндэт Виз мэдүүлэгч (Монгол) та, Норвеги Улсын виз мэдүүлэхээр зэхэж байгаа бол доорхи чухал мэдээлэлтэй уншиж танилцана уу.Энд дарна уу.
If you are planning a longer stay (more than 90 days) in Norway, you need to apply for a residence permit (long term).
In Beijing applications for long term stay (residence permits for students, family reunification and work) can be submitted at the Norwegian Visa Application Centre during regular working hours.
In Guangzhou applications for residence permits, family reunification or work can be submitted to the Norwegian Visa Application Centre by mail, as these applicants will be called for an interview.
In Shanghai ADS Groups and all other applicants shall submit their supporting documents/passports at the Norwegian Visa Application Centre. ADS Groups are required to book appointments through firstname.lastname@example.org before submission of documents/passports to the Norwegian Visa Application Centre.
Please click here for more information on residence permits for students, family reunification and work permits at Norway’s official website of Norway in China or the website of the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in Norway.
Your passport must be valid for at least three months beyond the intended stay in Norway and there must be at least two blank visa pages available in your passport for a visa and/or permit sticker. A new passport must be obtained before submission of your application, if these conditions are not met.
- Passport cannot be valid for more than 10 years. Prolonged passports will not be accepted.
- Applicants are required to submit their applications in person. All minors must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian at the time of application submission
- All documents are required to be submitted in A4 format.
- The Visa Category chosen by the applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to Norway and the choice of category must be made by the applicant him/herself – visa application centre staff will not be able to assist you in making this choice.
- The Royal Norwegian Embassy/Consulate may require an interview with the applicant during the examination of the application.
- Subscribe for courier service for return of passports.
- Subscribe for SMS service where the Visa Application Centre sends the application status on applicants mobile and via email.
At the time of submission at the Visa Application Centre, applicant has the choice to:
The Royal Norwegian Embassy/Consulate will return processed passports to the Visa Application Centre. Applicants have a choice to decide on how they would like to collect their passports and/or documents, i.e. by subscribing for a Courier Services at the time of application submission or by collecting it from the Visa Application Centre.