Visit to family or friends
Visit to family or friend visa application is applicable in case you are travelling for visiting your family member or friend. This visa is given for a period of the stay up to 90 days within 180 days.
|DURATION||VISA FEES IN RMB||VISA FEES IN EUROS|
|Temporary Stay Visa||601.3||75|
|Schengen Visa Children between 6-12 years||270.3||35|
|Schengen Visa Visa Fee For Citizens of Russian Federations||270.3||35|
Above mentioned Visa Fee is to be paid only by cash in RMB.
Exemption of Schengen Visa Fee
- Children under 6 years on the date of submission
- School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research
- Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations
- Family member of EU/EEA and Switzerland nationals.
Exemption of National Visa Fee
The following categories are exempt from paying any visa fee:
- Children under the age of 6;
- Descendants holding a residency permit, under family reunification clauses;
- Foreign nationals with a study scholarship granted by Portugal;
- Highly qualified research activity purposes (residency and temporary stay);
- Patients and accompanying persons traveling under Cooperation Agreements in the Field of Health with Portugal.
Applicants applying at the Portuguese Visa Application Centre shall be levied a service charge of RMB 224/- (inclusive of service tax) payable in cash. However, children under 6 years on the date of submission are exempted of service fee.
- The applicable visa fee in RMB is as per the current exchange rate. The same is subject to change without notice.
- There is an optional courier facility available at RMB 75/- (Inclusive of Service Tax) per application / passport.
- All Fees are non-refundable once the application has been submitted at Visa Application Centre.
|Checklist for Visit to Family or Friends|
|Checklist for Visit to Family or Friends ( Applied on Guangzhou Jurisdiction only )|
|Checklist for Visit to Family or Friends (Applied on Shanghai Jurisdiction only)|
|TERM OF RESPONSIBILITY , please click here ( for Portuguese only).|
No staples on documents.
If apply in Shanghai Jurisdiction（ Shanghai, Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province, Anhui Province）, please kindly note:
When you apply for Family/Friend visit visas, in addition to the necessary documents mentioned in the checklist for Visit to Family or Friends, please also provide proof of airline ticket and hotel reservations (in the case of no reference to this matter being made in the letter of invitation)
Note: The photograph submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide 1 recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
- Please stick (not stapled) the Photograph on the Visa Application Form to be handed over along with the documentation during submission at the visa application center.
Normally, processing time for visa applications is 10 working days (starting from the time when the Embassy received the application, not including the transportation time), counting from when all requested documents have been submitted. This period may be extended in specific cases, notably when further scrutiny of this application is required, for example, when you are requested to come to an interview or submit additional documentation. In certain periods of the year high flows of visa requests can increase this period. It is highly advisable to lodge an application with more than two weeks before date of travel.
Visa application form has to be completed for all the applicants including minors electronically on your computer or in writing. The VAF has to be filled out in English language Only. The form needs to be signed personally by the applicant in the field 37 and on the last page.
For minors, the application must be signed by one of the parents or a legal guardian.
New Visa application form can be downloaded and printed from the link below.
Or please click here
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.