Chinese designated travel agencies may be accredited as ADS group tour operators. ADS visas are issued to tourist groups of at least 5 persons. The maximum duration of stay is 30 days.
Applicants should register their applications online using the Application Portal and pay the application fee with a credit/debit card (MasterCard or Visa card). The visa fee will be charged in EUR. Other fees will be charged in NOK.
Application fees applicable as of 1 April 2014:
Schengen visa (maximum 90 days): 60 EUR
Visa for children between 6 and 12 years: 35 EUR
- Children under 6 years
- School pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research, as per specific rules.
- There is no fee for processing appeals.
The fee is waived for visa applicants in any of the following categories:
Service Charge for Visa Applications –
Shanghai Visa Application Centre: 180 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Hangzhou Visa Application Centre: 195 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Courier Charge (optional) – 75 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Courier Charge for Mongolian applicants (optional) – 200 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Photography Charge (optional) – 40 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Photocopy Charge (optional) – 1 RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Translation Service (optional) – 75 RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
For Complex Translations –110 RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
SMS Service (optional): 15 RMB per application (inclusive of Service Taxes)
White & black printing charge (optional)-10RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Premium Lounge Service (optional)-350 RMB per application (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Please note: the logistic fees needs to be paid in cash at visa application centre.
ADS Group Tourist Visa:
ADS visas are issued to tourist groups of at least 5 persons. The maximum duration of stay is 30 days.
Required documents for ADS:
Prepare all the necessary documents listed below before you deliver the application, the application will be evaluated based on the submitted documents. All documents must be presented in original, but will be returned to the applicant if copy is provided. This includes notarized documents, insurance, guarantee form, etc.
The documents required in English/Norwegian will be marked in the following list.
Note: The application should be handed in at the visa centre in the following order:
- Valid ADS courier badge
- An English/Norwegian letter from the Chinese and local travel agency in Schengen containing:
- Name of tour guide with valid tour guide certificate (copy of valid Schengen visa if not applying for visa)
- Name list of applicants
- Itinerary, including transfer route and means of transportation
- Duration of stay in the Schengen area as well as number of entries and the reason for these. For multiple entries see here.
- Flight reservation with round trip from the airlines (list of all applicants). The ticket should be bought only after the visas have been issued! (English/Norwegian)
- Proof of accommodation for the whole duration of intended stay in the Schengen area, including the names of hotels, telephone and fax number as well as duration of stay at each hotel (list of applicants). (English/Norwegian)
- A valid travel medical insurance for the duration of stay in Schengen with a minimum coverage of EURO 30.000. (list of all applicants) (English/Norwegian)
- Receipt from the Application Portal
The following documents must be handed in for each applicant:
- Passport (both old and new), valid at least 90 days after expiry of visa, containing at least two blank pages and issued within the previous ten years.
- Two passport photos not older than six months (photos glued to the Schengen visa application form and cover letter). For photo requirements see ‘Photo Specifications’ page.
- Signed Schengen Application form duly completed (can be printed from the Application Portal)
- Copy of passport (all relevant and used pages) plus 2 extra copies of picture pages
- Proof of solvency of each applicant: Bank statement from the last 3 months, no deposits.
- For employees:
- Sealed copy of the business licence of the employing company.
- A letter from the employer written in English on official company paper with stamp, signature, date and clearly mentioning: address, telephone and fax numbers of the employing company, name and position in the employing company of the countersigning officer, the name of the applicant, position, salary and years of service, and approval of leave or absence. For retired person:
- Proof of pension or other regular income.
- Retirement certificate/book For unemployed adults:
- o If married: Letter of employment and income of spouse in English/Norwegian + Chinese-English Notary certificate of marriage with legalization by the provincial MFA.
- If single/divorced/widow/widower: Any other proof of regular income. For minors (under 18):
- Student card and original letter of the school mentioning in English/Norwegian: full address, telephone and fax number of the school, permission for absence, name and function of the person giving the permission.
- Minors travelling alone or with one parent: Chinese-English Notary certificate of permission to travel from either parents or legal guardian (when minor is travelling alone) or the parent or legal guardian not travelling (if minor is travelling with one parent) and when not in China, attested by the relevant authorities in the country of residence. This notary certificate has to be legalized by the provincial MFA.
- Chinese-English notary certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship with legalization by the provincial MFA.
- Chinese-English notary certificate of permission to travel with legalization by the provincial MFA and Chinese-English notary certificate of family relation/proof of guardianship must be translated into English with legalization by the provincial MFA.
Hukou, with photocopies of all information pages including pages not directly related to the applicant (only for Chinese nationals).
- If applicable, an English/Norwegian explanation as to why you cannot present one or more of the documents mentioned above
All photocopies submitted should be in A4 format.
After returning to China, boarding pass and passport must be presented to the Embassy/Consulate-General of Norway via the travel agency within 5 days after the trip. For list of designated travel agencies in China see list on China National Tourism Administrations web-page: Click Here (Chinese)
All photos must meet the requirements listed below. If these requirements have not been met, the applicant will have to deliver a new photo that meets the requirements. The photo requirements are the same for children as for adults.
The Photo shall:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colours with a light background
- be 2 inch photo(refer to the photo size on the passport)
- maximum 6 months old, resemble the applicant
- full-face, facing the camera directly, eyes looking straight at the camera
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face shall occupy 70-80 % of the picture(refer to the photo size on the passport)
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair shall not cover the eyes
- the glasses cannot be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there cannot be reflection in the glasses
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- Chin, forehead and both cheeks shall all be clearly visible
- Shadows in the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Religious head-dresses are allowed provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
According to Schengen regulations (Visa Code), visa applications shall (as a main rule) be decided on within 15 calendar days. The Visa Section is normally able to process an application within a shorter period.
Forms listed below must be filled in completely (in English only) and must be signed by the applicant himself/herself.
Please note that application form for Schengen visa should be signed twice. Application forms with one signature would not be accepted.
Visa application form can be downloaded and printed from the link below. Forms are also available at the visa application centre (free of charge).
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.