Cultural and sports events
If you intend to participate in a cultural or sport event in Norway/Schengen for maximum 90 days, you are advised to apply for a Schengen Visa (short-term visa) at the application portal and submit supporting documents/passports in accordance to the list of required documents for cultural and sports events.
Applicants should register their applications online using the Application Portal and pay the application fee with a credit/debit card (MasterCard or Visa card). The visa fee will be charged in EUR. Other fees will be charged in NOK.
Application fees applicable as of 1 April 2014:
Schengen visa (maximum 90 days): 60 EUR
Visa for children between 6 and 12 years: 35 EUR
- Children under 6 years
- School pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research, as per specific rules.
- There is no fee for processing appeals.
The fee is waived for visa applicants in any of the following categories:
Service Charge for Visa Applications –
Shanghai Visa Application Centre: 180 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Hangzhou Visa Application Centre: 195 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Courier Charge (optional) – 75 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Courier Charge for Mongolian applicants (optional) – 200 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Photography Charge (optional) – 40 RMB per person (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Photocopy Charge (optional) – 1 RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Translation Service (optional) – 75 RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
For Complex Translations –110 RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
SMS Service (optional): 15 RMB per application (inclusive of Service Taxes)
White & black printing charge (optional)-10RMB per page (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Premium Lounge Service (optional)-350 RMB per application (inclusive of Service Taxes)
Please note: the logistic fees needs to be paid in cash at visa application centre.
Prepare all the necessary documents listed below before you deliver the application, The application will be evaluated based on the submitted documents. All documents must be presented in original, but will be returned to the applicant if copy is provided. This includes notarized documents, insurance, guarantee form, etc.
The documents required in English/Norwegian version will be marked in the following list.
- Passport (both old and new), valid at least 90 days after expiry of visa, containing at least two blank pages and issued within the previous ten years.
- Two passport photos not older than six months (photos glued to the cover letter and application form). For photo requirements see ‘Photo Specifications’ page.
- Cover letter (signed by the applicant/guardians) from the Application Portal and Schengen application form duly completed.
- Receipt from the Application Portal.
A valid travel medical insurance for the duration of the stay in Schengen area with a minimum coverage of EURO 30.000. (English/Norwegian)
- Original invitation letter in English/Norwegian from the organizer of the event of the country of destination:
- Purpose and duration of visit
- Detailed program and itinerary
- Indication of the costs of the study/sport and entity that will pay for them
- Indication of lodging during the period of the intended stay
On official paper with stamp and signature, mentioning clearly:
- Original letter in English/Norwegian from the Chinese cultural or sports organization:
- Full address and contacts of the organization
- Name and position of the countersigning officer
- Name, position, salary and years of employment (only for professionals)
- Confirmation of participation
- Entity that will pay for costs of travel and living
- Copy of business license
On official paper with stamp and signature, mentioning clearly:
For minors (under 18):
Note: The application should be submitted in the following order:
- Student card and original letter of the school mentioning in English/Norwegian: full address, telephone and fax number of the school, permission for absence, name and function of the person giving the permission.
- Minors travelling alone or with one parent: Chinese-English notary certificate of permission to travel from either parents or legal guardian (when minor is travelling alone) or the parent or legal guardian not travelling (if minor is travelling with one parent) and when not in China, attested by the relevant authorities in the country of residence. The notary certificate has to be legalized by the provincial MFA.
- Chinese-English notary certificate of family relation or proof of guardianship with legalization by the provincial MFA.
- For other nationals: copy of valid Chinese residence permit.
Note: The Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to request additional information/documentation and, if deemed necessary, to interview the applicant.
According to article 20 of the Visa Code, all passports, except diplomatic and service/official passports, shall be stamped by the Embassy/Consulate showing the date and place of submitting the visa application. However, this stamp has no legal implications.
A visa issued by a Schengen country permits free movement within the Schengen area, unless otherwise stated on the visa sticker. However, please note that according to article 47 (i) of the Visa Code mere possession of a visa does not confer an automatic right to entry and that the holders of visa are requested to present proof that they fulfil the entry conditions at the external border, as provided for in Article 5 of the Schengen Borders Code.
For more information see link.
Competent Embassy or Consulate General:
The Embassy or Consulate General of the country of your main destination is the competent authority to deal with the application. If the main destination cannot be determined, the application should be made to the Embassy or Consulate General of the country which the longest visit shall be. If the visits in different Schengen countries are of equal length, the first destination shall be the determining factor.
All photos must meet the requirements listed below. If these requirements have not been met, the applicant will have to deliver a new photo that meets the requirements. The photo requirements are the same for children as for adults.
The Photo shall:
- be in sharp focus, clear and with good contrasts
- be printed on quality photo paper with high solution
- be in colours with a light background
- be 2 inch photo(refer to the photo size on the passport)
- maximum 6 months old, resemble the applicant
- full-face, facing the camera directly, eyes looking straight at the camera
- show the whole head and the top of the shoulders. The face shall occupy 70-80 % of the picture(refer to the photo size on the passport)
- show open eyes that are clearly visible. Hair shall not cover the eyes
- the glasses cannot be coloured
- the rim must not cover any part of the eyes
- there cannot be reflection in the glasses
Glasses are allowed as long as the eyes are clearly visible.
- Chin, forehead and both cheeks shall all be clearly visible
- Shadows in the face due to the head-dress are not allowed
Religious head-dresses are allowed provided that all details of the face are clearly shown.
According to Schengen regulations (Visa Code), visa applications shall (as a main rule) be decided on within 15 calendar days. The Visa Section is normally able to process an application within a shorter period.
Forms listed below must be filled in completely (in English only) and must be signed by the applicant himself/herself.
Please note that application form for Schengen visa should be signed twice. Application forms with one signature would not be accepted.
Visa application form can be downloaded and printed from the link below. Forms are also available at the visa application centre (free of charge).
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.