Work and Holiday Visa Online Appointment
Appointments for this tranche of the Australian Work and Holiday visa have been filled.
For information about making an appointment in the next tranche, follow the Australian Embassy on Sina Weibo (http://www.weibo.com/imagineaustralia), PD Weibo(http://t.people.com.cn/australiaembassy), or search for "AustralianAmbassador" on WeChat.
Mandatory Appointment System (Not for Work and Holiday visa appointments)
With effect from 01 July 2018, it will be mandatory to have an appointment for the submission of paper applications or enrolment of Biometrics at the Australia Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou and Shanghai.
The Biometrics collection service provided by AVACs in China is applicable to the applicants for the visitor visa (Subclass 600) in the Frequent Traveller Stream. AVACs in China are not generally able to provide biometrics collection services for any other visa types. If you have received a request to provide biometrics. you can make an appointments for biometrics collection at an Australian Visa Application Centre through our website.
You do not need to make appointment to submit additional document at VFS.
Please click here to book an appointment (NOT for Work and Holiday Visa Appointment)
Instructions to schedule an appointment:
- Before you make an appointment you should carefully read the application process available on the website, complete your application form with all the supporting documents to submit your visa application at the AVAC. If you have temporary injuries, decoration /henna on your fingers, you are advised to wait until the injuries have healed/decorations faded away or removed before your appointment date; otherwise we will be unable to capture your biometrics correctly.
- Please note that only applicants will be allowed to the visa application centre. The only exceptions to this are those accompanying children under 18 years-of-age or applicants who need special assistance for health reasons or disability.
- Only ONE appointment can be booked per passport.
- An application will not be accepted at the AVAC if the Passport number does not exactly match with the one used for booking the appointment
- If you are part of a family or group, each member of the family or group must make an individual appointment. For example, if you are a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 children you must make 4 individual appointments.
For the large groups travelling together (group size - minimum of 10 applicants), please email to below contacts to have the appointments booked together as per mutually agreed timings.
- Please carry your appointment letter with you at the scheduled date & time in order for your appointment to be entertained.
- Please make sure you arrive at the visa application centre 15 minutes prior to your appointment time
- Appointment time is the time when you will be allowed entry into the VAC and does not necessarily mean that you will be served at the counter at the same time. Please factor in waiting times at the Visa Application Centre when you are booking your appointment.
- If you are late or have missed your appointment on the scheduled day, the system will not allow you to reschedule or cancel and you will be required to book a new appointment after 24 hours.
- You can reschedule your appointment only for a future date and up to a maximum of 3 times.
Please Note: If due to any reason, you arrive at the VAC without a booked appointment you may be able to lodge your application by paying for a walk in appointment fee at RMB164, subject to availability Or you can make an appointment by visiting this page and return to the VAC at the appointed time.