Short Stay Visa: From the 03 September 2019, you must fill in your visa application and pay the visa application fee online.
Check the Visa Fee if you are applying for a Short Stay Visa.
Long Stay Visa: From 01 July 2019, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark including all Danish diplomatic missions are introducing mandatory online payment of the embassy fee for residence or work permit. The embassy fee must be paid online using this link https://dys.um.dk/permit/.
For both the Visa categories stated above the Service fee must be paid in addition at Danish Visa Application Centres.
Service fee effective from 01 March 2021:
||SERVICE Fee in RMB
|Work / Residence Permit
- The applicable VFS service fee is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change.
- The service fee is inclusive VAT and is non-refundable.
- Visa Application Centres offer an optional service at a nominal additional cost. Please see more detail from Additional Services tab.
The service fee and additional services at the Visa Application Centres are to be paid only in RMB in Cash (or Alipay only in Beijing).
The visa fee shall be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- Children under six years.
- School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training.
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research as defined in Recommendation No 2005/761/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 September 2005 to facilitate the issue by the Member States of uniform short-stay visas for researchers from third countries travelling within the Community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research.
- Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations
The most usual types of exemptions are:
- spouses or children to citizens of the EU(unless special circumstances are in place, Danes are not covered)
- students whose studies in the homeland and in Denmark are closely connected and interlinked (this must be proven)
If you belong to one of the groups, please write an email to the Danish mission in the city, where you will hand in your application, and please do so before applying.
Upon the documentation you have provided the representation will assess, whether you are covered by the exemptions.
The visa fee may be waived for:
- Children from the age of six years and below the age of 12 years.
- Holders of diplomatic and service passports.
- Participants aged 25 years or less in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events, organised by non-profit organisations.