- If you plan a short travel to Germany, apply for a Schengen visa according to your travel purpose. It allows you to stay in Germany/the Schengen area for max. 90 days within a period of 180 days.
- The German Consulate in China is processing your visa application as long as Germany is the main destination of your travel and you reside in the consular district of the German Consulate.
- It is not possible to change a Schengen visa into a permanent residence permit. If you are intending a permanent stay in Germany, please apply for a national visa at the respective German mission. You will find detailed information on the homepage of the German missions in China at china.diplo.de.
- Choose the visa type according to your intended purpose of traveling, up to three different travel purposes might be combined (e.g. business and tourism)
- A Schengen visa allows you to travel to the following countries:
Please choose the correct visa type according to your purpose of traveling to Germany:
Please note: VFS Global staff can provide you with information and application forms for your application, but they are unable to advise you regarding the visa category you should choose. Our work is primarily administrative and non-judgmental in nature. The adjudication or the final assessment on your visa, and the duration of visa processing, is entirely at the prerogative of the Consulate of Germany in China.